If you have a question that isn't answered on this page, please email us at email@example.com.
FAQs ABOUT VOLUNTEERING THROUGH TVN
Does it cost me anything to volunteer with Volunteer Network?
No, volunteers are not asked to pay a fee. But did you know that there is a monetary cost to connecting volunteers to meaningful service opportunities? Some of our most committed volunteers are also our biggest individual donors. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support volunteerism and help make the Volunteer Network even stronger.
How much time do I have to commit each month?
It's entirely up to you. Our goal is to make volunteering easy for everyone to fit into their busy schedules, so we offer projects with varying commitment levels. You can volunteer as much or as little as you like based on your availability and interests. Click here to see all of the different volunteer options we can connect you to.
What kind of tools and resources will I have access to as a TVN volunteer?
- You can quickly and easily sign up for volunteer opportunities that need your time, skills, talents, and enthusiasm.
- Opportunity details (including directions) are emailed to you immediately once you sign up for a project.
- You will receive a reminder email before the project date.
- You can easily remove yourself from opportunities you are no longer able to attend.
- You can view and modify your personal information including contact information, skills, and interests.
- You can easily view your volunteer history.
How do I become a Volunteer Network volunteer?
Becoming a Volunteer Network volunteer is easy! Simply register yourself by creating an account. It does not cost anything and your information will be kept private and secure. Click here to read more about becoming a TVN volunteer.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE:
- When creating your password, it must be at least 8 characters.
- The email address you enter will be your username to login in the future. Every account needs a unique email address.
- If during registration you receive a message that your email address is already in use, then click on the LOGIN button at the top right of the page, and enter your email address. If you do not know the password for your account, then click "Forgot Password" and password reset instructions will be emailed to you. If the temporary password instructions you receive do not work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you click Submit you will be automatically logged into your account. You can use the My Account tab to manage your personal information, view and manage the volunteer opportunities you’ve signed up for, create and manage volunteer teams, and more.
After I've created an account, how do I sign up for a volunteer project?
Click on Volunteer or Find a Volunteer Project in the main menu to see a variety of ways to browse opportunities. Once you find a project that you'd like to participate in, click on Sign Up or Express Interest located at the bottom of the opportunity description.
- If you choose a Sign-Up opportunity, you can sign up directly for that project. You will receive a confirmation email with directions and any other special instructions. If you have questions about the project, you can send an email to the Opportunity Leader listed at the bottom of the project description.
- If it is an Express Interest opportunity, then our Community Partner will contact you directly with further information about the volunteer opportunity. You will also receive an email with contact information for the organization so that you can follow up with them if you do not get a response.
How old do I have to be to volunteer?
Because the online privacy of children is important to us, you must be at least 13 years old to register as a volunteer on our website. Although children 12 or younger cannot create an account, several of TVN’s volunteer opportunities are open to youth in this age group. We offer projects that accommodate volunteers as young as 6. All volunteers under the age of 18 must have a Youth Waiver Form signed by their parent or guardian with them to the project. To read more about family volunteer opportunities, including information about how to register your child who is 12 or younger for a project, click here. Each volunteer opportunity is different, so be sure to check the age listing in each project's description.
What if I have questions about a volunteer opportunity and want them answered before I sign up?
At the bottom of every volunteer opportunity page, there is a link to email the opportunity leader. If you do not hear back within two to three days, please email email@example.com.
I would like to volunteer with a group of friends/family/co-workers. How do I create and manage a volunteer team?
Please visit our Group Volunteering page for information about how to create and manage a team.
I have been waitlisted for a project. Now what?
When (and if) a space opens up, you will be notified via email. Open spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, so if you are still available and interested in the volunteer opportunity, make sure you log in, return to the sign-in page, and claim one of the open spaces. PLEASE DO NOT JUST SHOW UP FOR THE PROJECT.
How do I remove myself from a project so that others can take my place?
If you need to remove yourself from a project, please log in, go to the My Account tab, find the project under the Upcoming Opportunities section, and click Remove Me.
Can I keep track of my volunteer service through Volunteer Network?
Our Community Partners are required to verify attendance through TVN’s system. If you would like to keep track of your volunteer hours on your own, you may do so using our self-reporting feature.
TO SELF-REPORT HOURS:
- Log in to your volunteer account.
- On the menu bar under My Account, click on the link that says, Self-Report Volunteer Hours.
- Select the organization you served with. Don't see it in the list? Use the Click Here link to type in the organization name.
- List the opportunity name, date of service, start and end times, and impact area.
- Click Submit.
My hours are not accurate. Why aren’t my hours showing up?
In order for your hours to be accurate, either the partner must verify attendance using the Volunteer Network system, or you must self-report your hours using our self-reporting feature. If you have questions about your hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUESTIONS ABOUT REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
I thought I already had a Volunteer Network account, but am unable to log in to the system. Now what?
If you input your username (email address) and click Forgot Password and nothing happens, please email email@example.com. We will be happy to help you regain access to your account!
I tried to create an account, but the system says my email address is already in use. What should I do?
If during registration you receive a message that your email address is already in use, then click on the LOGIN link at the top right of the page, and enter your email address. If you do not know the password for your account, then click Forgot Password and password reset instructions will be emailed to you. If the temporary password instructions you receive do not work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I forgot my username. How do I retrieve that information?
Your username is the email address you used when you created your account. If your email address does not work at login, please contact email@example.com. A TVN representative should be in contact with you within two to three business days. Please provide us with your name, email address, and your preferred phone number.
I forgot my password. How do I retrieve that information?
Click the green LOGIN button on the top right of the website. Enter your username and click Forgot Password. An email with a temporary password will be sent to you. Return to our website, click the green LOGIN button, and enter your username and your temporary password. The system will prompt you to change your password. PLEASE NOTE: Passwords must be at least eight characters. If the temporary password instructions you receive do not work, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need to have an email address to volunteer with TVN?
Yes. Our website uses your email address to identify you and send you important information about any volunteer opportunities you sign up for. Free Internet access is available from most public libraries.
I am a youth volunteer. How do I get started? How old do I have to be to register on this site?
Please visit our Volunteer with Your Family page for information about volunteer opportunities for youth-friendly projects. You must be 13 years old to register as a volunteer on our website. Although children 12 or younger cannot create an account on this site, several of TVN’s volunteer opportunities are open to youth in this age group. For more information about family-friendly opportunities, please visit our Families page.
I have a question that is not answered on this page.
Please email us at email@example.com.